March 23, 2011

Old Friends

Old Friends

Some are human form some are seemingly filled with fluff and just something to cuddle with to get you through a moment.
This is one of my dearest friends.. his name “Freddie Teddy”
Many have loved him along with me as well. He came into my world ohh about in 1989.. Yes he is very old somewhat as the Velveteen rabbit seeming to contain magic within them. To love , to whisper words you needed to hear at the time.. to keep you company when you are alone..
Teddy came to me when I was a teacher for the children in a bible class. He allowed me to take the stuffing out of his back and insert my hand in him to make him move for the little ones. His voice echoed as mine but none seemed to notice or care. Since he and I told stories of life.. of adventures we choose to take part in and some we do not but still need to experience.
The smile on the little faces as I would say Guess whose here? There little eyes would light up with excitement since they knew I would always do my very best to make them laugh and smile.. When I said “Freddy Teddy… well you know me and you can imagine how excited they were. I was just being a part of it.. Watching them seeing them intently listening knowing he was happy to be with them and I was just being “used” to make them see life.
It is the same now.. Yet he is still here in my presence very old and frail. I know what his purpose was for the time. Do they remember I would think knowing most are older and having their own little ones. Do they remember ? His magic is here with me still..
I think they do.. Now I have him nestled in my realm to remind me of my journey and how it has never changed. I am still allowed to make those that want to hear smile. I will use what ever is needed to make you see life with a different set of eyes. The eyes of innocence as a child, the eyes of still believing in magic and dreams …. “ I believe” and have seen the magic of what you think is impossible. Nothing is impossible.. Nothing! The story is the same.. Much love to you...
With a wee bit of magic......

~ DBLorgan

No comments:

Post a Comment